• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Purging a site completely from the server

JeffUr

New Pleskian
Hi,

We have a clients WPB site which failed to publish, on their 2nd attempt the backend information was blanked, basically the published site still exists but the WPB interface has reverted to the "Select your website topic" page. We've tried restoring a backup and while the front page restores, the WPB page retains whatever was on it prior to the restore. We've also tried removing the domain completely and restoring with the exact same result. I'm assuming this WPB data isn't being cleared/overwritten when the site is deleted/restored. Is there any way to resolve this? We have tested with other sites and they restore perfectly so it seems specific to the one site.

If this isn't possible, is it possible to restore a backup for one domain to another domain (EG restore domain1.com to domain2.com)? If we could do that then in theory we could restore it to another site create a snapshot on that site and then import that snapshot to the original site.

This is on Plesk Panel version 11.0.9 if relevant.
WPB version 11.0.10

Last edited:
Hi, WPB's site snapshot is not linked with domain. You can try to restore it to another site.
But it looks like your WPB database is corrupted. I think that best option is will be to contact with Parallels Technical support...

Also Plesk 11.0.9 is very outdated. For better stability I recommend you update it to the latest stable version (WPB will be also updated).

Back