• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Putty Alternative. SSH Files Program for Linux. Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardiw

Basic Pleskian
Putty and Terminal programs are a ROYAL PITA to use. They were used by Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble, back in the OLD DAYS.

I've spent weeks trying to find an SSH program where I can cruise the file directory on a Linux box and see what is where, etc.

I've looked at FSecure, WebMin? and a bunch of other ****.

The solution I finally found was FileZilla. I've been using it for awhile to FTP stuff, but had no idea you could log into a Linux root with it. Well, the Universal Intelligence sent me a message, and said 'Why don't you try File Zilla".....and it works like a Lucky Charm........

https://filezilla-project.org/

Create a folder on your computer called 0Server, or something.

Then log into your server using SFTP- SSH File Transfer Protocol.

Now you can download the etc, var, whatever.... etc folders and really look at everything.....edit it in a decent editor like Notepad, or even Notepad++ (Bing it) and upload again.

Enjoy.

z

And while I AM a certified Genius (IQ 148), that has little to do with the frustration I feel when confronted by unsolvable (by myself) issues.

Putty and Terminal programs are a ROYAL PITA to use. They were used by Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble, back in the OLD DAYS.

The problem with terminal programs is that you need to have an IQ of at least 149 to be able to use it properly.

Last edited:
The problem with terminal programs is that you need to have an IQ of at least 149 to be able to use it properly.
Please stop it! I will not allow you to offend other users. Consider this as a warning for you. Next time you will be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back