• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved plesk Backup Tool - FTP mode

NaSOnWeb

Basic Pleskian
hello
I would like to configure plesk to backup on a FTP server.
My distant FTP is run on a distant server on ubuntu 19 with pure-ftpd

I can connect on it with filezilla without any problem

when I configure the connexion on plesk I get an error

Erreur: Unable to operate the storage: Transport error: unable to delete file: Curl error: (56) Failure when receiving data from the peer: Last FTP request: NLST Last FTP response: 150 Accepted data connection
Check that you have permissions to delete files from the storage. You can check it independently with the commands:
echo 123 | curl -T - --ftp-create-dirs -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u userbkp 'ftp://xx.xxx.xx.xx/./test-dir/test-file.txt'
curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u userbkp 'ftp://xx.xx.xx.xx/./test-dir/test-file.txt' -Q '-DELE test-file.txt'

I've tested the commands by SSH and all is working fine ... the file is created and deleted

I've verified and the directive Backup to external FTP fails on Plesk: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: Transferred a partial file

TLSOptions NoSessionReuseRequired
is active in my /etc/proftpd.conf

I've tried to comment this directive and restart the process ... same result

may you please help me ... I dont know what to do more :(

thanks you

try to add the following to the panel.ini

Code:
[pmm]
ftpForbidReuseConnection = 1

see if that helps,
Cheers,
Tom

thank you for your reply.
but I do not have this file in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini
Panel.ini Configuration File

only the sample ... I must create it ? empty with only this value ? or from the sample file ?

best

Last edited:
on CentOS: /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini

easier if you have the panel.ini plesk extension installed.

Cheers,
Tom

I would suggest you go to extensions, load the panel.ini editor extension.
after loaded, in that extension, switch from viewer tab to editor tab, and add it there, and save :)

i've added the
ftpForbidReuseConnection = 1
line ...but seems to don't work again :'(
I can see on my FTP server the folders "check0" created and deleted by plesk ..but when I launch a real backup ... nothing happens :'(
I can see plesk connexion on my FTP server ... but connexion is closed in the same time ...
so strange ...
i'm on ubuntu and plesk 17.5.3

HI, sorry, have to leave. So just another idea up front. Out of my old notes.
if it still doesn't work, on the remote server - as you mention it runs pure-ftpd - enable "Broken Clients Compatibility". There was an issue similar to yours some years back with that FTP server which, by memory, caused a curl(56) error.

Back