1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Qmail and misdirected bounces

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by moltar, Nov 2, 2005.

1. moltar

moltar Guest

I am just wondering if the qMail version that is shipped with Plesk 7.5 Reloaded is suffering from this as well?

Is it safe to apply any of the below patches/fixes to the Plesk's version of qMail?

SpamCop released a warning about the following problem:

2. SecondPhase

SecondPhase Guest

CHKUSER

Anybody a reply to this, my qmail (plex 7.5.4/fedora 2) is not checking recipient upon connection. Seems to do ok detecting bad bounce and trashing the message but i think this issue needs to be addressed.

I looked into the chkuser patch described above and it looks like a good mainstream solution for us..

Has anybody tried it? Does anyone know if it will work with the plesk qmail set up? or how to apply the patch?

Check it out. Thanks!

3. SecondPhase

SecondPhase Guest

Reject Option in Plesk 7.5

Hey there, i found that indeed Plesk 7.5 does have a Reject option that can be selected instead of Bounce at the Domain -> Mail -> Preferences.

This option does reportedly interfere with Mailman however. see related thread in the suggestions forum. i think it's going to work for me since i don't need mailman at the moment that much.. and can look for a patch for that later..

Cheers