1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

qmail extensions?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by joshb@, Aug 14, 2007.

1. joshb@

joshb@ Guest

For the purpose of catching those lovely 'reputable' companies that sell my email address to spammers, I want to be able to add extensions to me email addresses, so user-extension@example.com will be delivered to user@example.com. I don't want to set up a separate alias for each different -extension.

Now, according to the 'Life With Qmail' manual (specifically the section on email extensions), this should be a matter of simply setting up some .qmail files in user's home directory. Only problem here is, mail users don't get their own home directory. Any idea where I should be putting the .qmail files to direct the mail to the appropriate place? I'm thinking /var/qmail/mailnames/<domainname>/<username>, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect.

Thanks,

Josh

EDIT - I found this thread, but I followed those instructions and it didn't seem to do anything. And yes, I put a .qmail-test file in the user's directory.