• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail extensions?

J

joshb@

For the purpose of catching those lovely 'reputable' companies that sell my email address to spammers, I want to be able to add extensions to me email addresses, so [email protected] will be delivered to [email protected]. I don't want to set up a separate alias for each different -extension.

Now, according to the 'Life With Qmail' manual (specifically the section on email extensions), this should be a matter of simply setting up some .qmail files in user's home directory. Only problem here is, mail users don't get their own home directory. Any idea where I should be putting the .qmail files to direct the mail to the appropriate place? I'm thinking /var/qmail/mailnames/<domainname>/<username>, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect.

Thanks,

Josh

EDIT - I found this thread, but I followed those instructions and it didn't seem to do anything. And yes, I put a .qmail-test file in the user's directory.

Back