• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

QMail Problem

scottthepotter

Basic Pleskian
I am having a mail problem with only 1 domain that I am hosting. Every Monday morning sometime between the hours of 7am and 10am all of the mail sent to this domain gets returned to the sender with the following message:

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

If I restart the mail service then everything works fine for another week. The only entries in the 'locals' file is 'localhost' and my servers name. All domains that I host are listed in the rcpthosts file however. The only solution that I can come up with so far is a cron job that automatically restarts the mail daemon every Monday morning. But that seems to be a 'sorry-***' solution. This has only happened since upgrading from Plesk 8.6 to 9.02. I am also performing a pleskbackup all every Sunday night and locking the domains as they are backed up (don't know if that has anything to do with it or not). Any ideas?

I have the same error. There are a lot of domains on the server and nearly all of them are working except one. The error message is the same.

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

I read a lot about this error. I also checked a lot of settings including the
/var/qmail/control/locals
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

But after a lot of reading I realized that all of my settings are just perfect so I tried the last thing! I restarted the qmail service from the CP. After the restarting it is working like a charm now but it is not a solution!!!

I know something is not ok! Maybe it is connected to the backup service I scheduled... I do not know! I keep my eyes open and I will let you know my experiences.

I started to investigate in this case. At the end I figured out the following:

I have a full backup scheduled for this server for everyday. I made a test. I tried to send an e-mail just before the scheduled backup to this specific domain. everything was ok. Then I wait until the backup procedure ends and I tried again. Now I got the same error message from this domain. The messege was the following:

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

After I got the error message I restarted the qmail service and I tried to send a message again. This time I did not get any error messages. I checked the e-mail and it was in the recipient mailbox.

For the next evening I turned of the scheduled backup and I tried to send an e-mail again in the morning of the next day. I did not get any error messages!!!

So now it seems that something is not OK with the backup procedure!!! I will continue the investigation...

I found the source of the problem. There was an domain alias registered under this specific domain. After deleting the alias now everything is ok. I can run the daily backup and after the process is completed the mail system is ok.

After I found that this was the reason. I added the alias again. I just wanted to be sure that I found the source of the problem. I executed the backup process... and I tried to send an e-mail to that domain... I failed. So I deleted the alias!

Now everything is ok!

I have the same issue on 9.2.1 on centos 5.

Will try removing the alias and see if that works!

Updated to 9.2.3
After domain backup (if domain has alias) i got this:

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

After qmail restart everything is ok!

After update to 9.2.3 problem is still exist:

After domain backup (which has alias) i got:

"Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)"

Back