• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail problems after 7.5.0 upgrade, extreme server loads

unfortunately i dont have direct support with sw-soft (i rent my server from a provider who leases keys) so i am supposed to go through them but the control freak in me would rather just fix it myself, so can you please check your bash history and or post the contents of the changed config files? does anyone have this hotfix available for DL?

I have the TLS fix script. I will check my support agreement to find out if it is "legal" for me to send it to you or if I am not supposed to do that. I will send you a PM and let you know if I can just send you the script.

how do I use the above script?

Does it do all domains at once?

Poscompo

No :(

Approx. 24 hours ago, they told me that there is no fix for the autoresponder as yet.

We'll have to wait and leave our CPUs at 100% doing who-knows-what until there is a hotfix for the autoresponder.

I got the same response this evening. Make sure you have an open support ticket with them so they will put your system on the list for the patch. Guess they didn't test that out too well before they shipped it. But such is the cutting edge.

-=Caleb=-

i just got a response to my support ticket, that they now have a fix to the autoresponder problem and that 7.5.1 will be available "very soon"! They didn't patch my server though!

Anyone alse got their server patched?

I got two files from support. A qmail-ssl script that I ran and another file call websrvmng. I was told to install the second file and to make sure I got the security and the suid right. I see no suid on the file, but if I replace the current file with the new one, I cannot get the admin control panel to start.

I'm obviously missing something. Anybody got a clue that they would share with me?

Thanks

Seems I have the same problem (server load). Should I just wait for 7.5.1 or contact support? Will they fix it?

Yes and yes.

Contact them so they can see how widespread the issue is. Yes, 7.5.1 will fix it.

Well I upgrade to 7.5.1 and it seems to have helped the CPU issues with qmail but it is too soon to be sure.

Problem is a new issue has arrived with 7.5.1, it now takes the control panel login process about 30 seconds to accept your login and load the control panel.

It rejects a invalid login right away but proper credentials, and you wait, and wait, and wait some more.

My control panel logins have always been fast before now, but now it is so slow even though the CPU loads are below 2% on a dual Xeon server.

I guess we wait for 7.5.2 now :(

I just noticed the same thing and was monitoring cpu usage while logging in and can't understand why it is taking so long to log-in.

I did notice that rpmq is running before each login and I don't know if it was runnig prior to 7.5.1.

Anyone got any suggestions or comments?

Plesk guys tell me it is a work around for a RPM database problem to prevent it from crashing.

They said it will be fixed with 7.5.2

Back