• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail question

I

imakalic

hi i noticed recently that my qmail messages seem to get stuck in the qmail queue and do not get sent out. i checked the queue and it says that there equal number of messages in queue and still to be preprocessed.
there seems to be a 5 min delay before the finally send.

this is when sending 1 or 2 emails. seemed to work before but now it doesnt and i dont know why its stopped

only thing that ive done is restart my vps not too long ago
which makes me think that is the problem

ive checked my maillogs and they do not indicate any problems

any ideas?

thanks

Try turning off reverse dns lookups by editing your smtp_psa and smtps_psa files. Add -Rt0 to the server_args line like:

server_args = -Rto /whatever/is/there

Then restart qmail. Adding the -Rt0 option to the smtp_psa file eliminates this delay time by telling the smtp to not do reverse lookups.

Originally posted by imakalic
cool thanks
ill give that a go
:)
[/QUOTE

And... what happened??? Folks should post the results as well so that others can learn from the help they are given. I'm having a strange problem where the SMTP server keeps being turned off and have yet to find an answer.

I could use ANY help by reading what the outcomes were for those who were helped.

Mike
]

hey,

your right i should've come back here with the results.
Never really ended up trying the above as after reading the suggestion i first tried to restart my qmail service
and it solved the problem
i dont know why but for some reason whenever i restart my server, a virtuozzo vps, the qmail service decides to wait 5 min before sending out mail
so now every time i restart i also stop and then start the qmail service afterwards. fixes the issue i had.

i can see it wont help u but i hope that my problem/solution may help someone else with similar issues

good luck

Back