• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

qmail queue and bad address

M

mdiberi

It seems that if I send an email to a number of recipients and if one address is bad then the entire message gets stuck in the queue. Is there any way to modify this behavior? I think the message is delivered to the valid addresses and I would like qmail to just delete the email from the queue and send admin an email as to what address were invalid for that given email.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Although the control panel shows all the recipients, only the one with a bad address or other problems is actually stuck in the queue. To find what it is Google qmHandle, download and install. It has a lot of features for managing the queue.

My problem is somewhat similar but instead of getting stuck in the queue, is there some place i need to tell qmail to return the message to sender after so many tries. The thing is one of my client was getting bounced by AOL for RDNS issue and qmail didn't generate a NDR for the message, which left him confused, although that issue has been resolved after reviewing mail log but i will like to set it so that qmail return the bounce message to the sender and not leave em sitting in the dark wondering where his email disappeared to.

Back