• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail queue problem

Anthony1

New Pleskian
Hi, I've got a slight issue regarding email sending on my server. From time to time, mesages will pile in the queue and won't be sent. Here's what I got when running qmail-qstat :
Code:
messages in queue: 297
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 234

When figuring this out, I tried to find the qmail-send process to send it the alarm signal, as mentionned in this thread (http://kb.parallels.com/en/169), but I couldn't. Maybe it's the cause of the problem ? Anyway, I restarted the qmail service (service qmail restart), this made the qmail-send process appear. I could then send the alarm signal. Since then, the number of emails in the queue seems to decrease, so this might have worked.
Anyway, is there any reason why emails won't get sent ? Is there anything I could do about it ?

Thanks in advance :)

I really don't get it...why is qmail still in there ? It's outdated for years now and postfix is state-of-the-art....

Postfix is default MTA now. But if you upgrade from previous versions where Qmail was used as MTA - you will use Qmail on latest Plesk version too. But of course, you can switch MTA to Postfix at any time.

Back