• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail queue

M

masterkain

I've read all other posts but I'm lost, it's possibile that qmail keeps all those email in queue and not deliver them?

it is possible to push email from queue? (ie. non deleting them but SEND them).

it is possible to deliver instantly email with qmail from plesk without applying patches?

my customers are complaining that email won't be delivered in time :\
thanks

The only reasons for emails to stay in the queue:

1. The receiving SMTP server (destination) is not DNS resolvable - see if you can ping their server or connect via telnet to their port 25 (SSH into your server and do it from the shell prompt of your server).

2. The receiving SMTP server (destination) is not available (may be down) - again try ping or telnet to their server's port 25

3. Your server's Qmail process may not be running - check via SSH login to your server, use 'ps -ax |grep 'smtp'

4. Your server has some other problem which is preventing SMTP from sending out.

Check your /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog and /var/log/messages for any indication of a problem.

Emails in queue will automatically be re-tried at intervals, until the 'queuelifetime' has been reached, then the messages will be sent back as 'Undeliverable'.

We use the qmHandle program to do things like telling Qmail to retry sending the queued messages, or deleting queued messages. You can download and install it onto your server.

Back