• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail refusing local delivery

T

threads

After upgrading from 7.5.4 to 8.0.0 I though everything was going fine until I noticed that none of my (or my customers) mailman lists were working!

qmail is reporting "Not_allowed_to_perform_deliveries_as_root./" for all mailman related posts and also for local mail distined for the actual server name. I have gone through using mchk to check permissions. Checked qmail and I cannot see what is causing this.

I previously bought an unlimited license for DrWeb and have made sure that all license keys are up to date etc.

If anyone has any further suggestions apart from changing the drweb config file (which did nothing to help)... please can you let me know...

... desperate on production server ...

Looks like this is a problem where qmail is not able to work out the UID for the alias user... unfortunately I cannot see any problem with the setup!

Any qmail expertise out there willing to help out?

If in doubt, post all over the place and someone will give you a sensible answer sooner or later!

Those nice peole that look after the qmail source have replied with a solution to the qmail problem... Quote:
Uh-oh. It thinks your alias user has uid 0. This value is hardcoded into qmail at compile time; perhaps you recompiled qmail without having populated /etc/passwd properly first?

The user ids in qmail-showctl output correspond to the names you find in conf-users, in the same order. They get incorporated into auto_uids.c at compile time.

Make sure all relevant uids are in /etc/passwds, remove auto_uids.c and recompile. That should take care of it.

Any chance of getting someone to recompile a 'plesk version' of qmail with the correct IDs and let us have a copy?

I would rather have an official build than a 'fix' that I have to maintain thereafter....

D.J.

Back