• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail, SMTP & Incoming Mail stopped. Urgent Help please!!

K

kuhle

I really hope that someone is going to be able to help me here.

My SMTP (and incoming mail) is not working.

I upgraded to 8.1.0 and my greylisting did not work. I was told to do the following in the past:
In future, if you ever upgrade plesk (rather plesk qmail), then you need to copy qmail-smtpd file from /root/qmail-1.03 to /var/qmail/bin and restart qmail (/etc/init.d/qmail restart).

I did that, but it is not working. It restarted OK on the root login, but on the Control Panel said it had not started, and would not re-start on request

I tried to go back to the file that I had before, and it would still not work.

I then did the following, and that did not solve it – in fact it made it even worse, because I am now unable to receive emails as well.

[root@plesk root]# killall -9 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd: no process killed
[root@plesk root]# /etc/init.d/xinetd start
Starting xinetd:
[root@plesk root]# /etc/init.d/qmail start
Starting qmail: [ OK ]
[root@plesk root]# /etc/init.d/courier-imap restart
Stopping Courier-IMAP server:
Stopping imap [ OK ]
Stopping imap-ssl [ OK ]
Stopping pop3 [ OK ]
Stopping pop3-ssl [ OK ]

Starting Courier-IMAP server:
Starting imapd [ OK ]
Starting imap-ssl [ OK ]
Starting pop3 [ OK ]
Starting pop3-ssl [ OK ]

[root@plesk root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam --daemon-mode
[root@plesk root]#

On the Plesk Control Panel, all services seem to show as OK, except for SMTP, and this will not re-start from the CP.

I am able to send an email only if I send it using the SMTP of my service provider: Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong, and more importantly what I can do to fix the whole thing??

Right now I wish I had never even upgraded to Plesk 8.1!!

Any help would be MOST appreciated to get the mail working agaon. If greylisting will not work, I am not really fussed right now - I just need to get the mail all working.

The sort of thing I am getting on my maillog is:

Jan 11 18:35:27 plesk pop3d: IMAP connect from @ [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]INFO: LOGIN, user=david, ip=[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
Jan 11 18:35:28 plesk relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:35266 (mk-smarthost-2.mail.uk.tiscali.com)
Jan 11 18:35:29 plesk relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:36222 (exprod7og50.obsmtp.com)
Jan 11 18:35:40 plesk relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4759 (hostxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.range81-159.btcentralplus.com)
Jan 11 18:35:41 plesk relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:64941 (87-127-25-12.no-dns-yet.enta.net)

Back