• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Qmail, SMTP & Incoming Mail stopped. Urgent Help please!!

K

kuhle

I really hope that someone is going to be able to help me here.

My SMTP (and incoming mail) is not working.

I upgraded to 8.1.0 and my greylisting did not work. I was told to do the following in the past:
In future, if you ever upgrade plesk (rather plesk qmail), then you need to copy qmail-smtpd file from /root/qmail-1.03 to /var/qmail/bin and restart qmail (/etc/init.d/qmail restart).

I did that, but it is not working. It restarted OK on the root login, but on the Control Panel said it had not started, and would not re-start on request

I tried to go back to the file that I had before, and it would still not work.

I then did the following, and that did not solve it – in fact it made it even worse, because I am now unable to receive emails as well.

[root@plesk root]# killall -9 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd: no process killed
[root@plesk root]# /etc/init.d/xinetd start
Starting xinetd:
[root@plesk root]# /etc/init.d/qmail start
Starting qmail: [ OK ]
[root@plesk root]# /etc/init.d/courier-imap restart
Stopping Courier-IMAP server:
Stopping imap [ OK ]
Stopping imap-ssl [ OK ]
Stopping pop3 [ OK ]
Stopping pop3-ssl [ OK ]

Starting Courier-IMAP server:
Starting imapd [ OK ]
Starting imap-ssl [ OK ]
Starting pop3 [ OK ]
Starting pop3-ssl [ OK ]

[root@plesk root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam --daemon-mode
[root@plesk root]#

On the Plesk Control Panel, all services seem to show as OK, except for SMTP, and this will not re-start from the CP.

I am able to send an email only if I send it using the SMTP of my service provider: Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong, and more importantly what I can do to fix the whole thing??

Right now I wish I had never even upgraded to Plesk 8.1!!

Any help would be MOST appreciated to get the mail working agaon. If greylisting will not work, I am not really fussed right now - I just need to get the mail all working.

The sort of thing I am getting on my maillog is:

Jan 11 18:35:27 plesk pop3d: IMAP connect from @ [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]INFO: LOGIN, user=david, ip=[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
Jan 11 18:35:28 plesk relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:35266 (mk-smarthost-2.mail.uk.tiscali.com)
Jan 11 18:35:29 plesk relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:36222 (exprod7og50.obsmtp.com)
Jan 11 18:35:40 plesk relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4759 (hostxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.range81-159.btcentralplus.com)
Jan 11 18:35:41 plesk relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:64941 (87-127-25-12.no-dns-yet.enta.net)

Back