• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail virtualdomains file problem

C

codesmith

We have to occasionally disable domains/clients when they don't pay their bill. When they do pay it, we turn the domain back on. However, they can't receive email -- getting:

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

I checked the /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file and the domain entry is indeed in there but at the end of the list. If I move the entry back to its original position in the list then everything works. Obviously this is a pain to do everytime. Any idea what's going on?

I had the exact same problem.
disabled domain due to non payment yesterday
re-enabled today
mail errors were the same as yours.

I got it working by running the following:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam

it rebuild the config files but left spam assassin alone.

now everything works ok.

I think they fixed this in one of the latest Plesk 7.5.4 builds, which version are you running?

Via ssh run:

cat /usr/local/psa/version
rpm -qa | grep hotfix

...and post the output here. It'll tell you the exact build of Plesk you're running.

7.5.4 FedoraCore 2 75060321.20
psa-hotfix5-7.5.4-fc2.build75060118.18
psa-hotfix6-7.5.4-fc2.build75060321.20

Gisele

Originally posted by Cranky
I think they fixed this in one of the latest Plesk 7.5.4 builds, which version are you running?

actually, that's not correct, i am having this problem with a new client's email, and have had nothing but issues since the 8.x upgrade's started.

i am trying the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam fix though, and will see if that works

/time passes/

well in this instance the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam command worked.....

Thanks
Bill
http://www.hybrid-hosting.com (kinda) Proudly Uses the Plesk Interface for it's Customers.
(thinking of going with a different CP software if the problems don't stop though)

I have had the same problem in Plesk 8.1, after running: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam the mail for this domain worked again.

Back