• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question about custom PHP Configuration

nonname

New Pleskian
Hello,

is there a way to define a maximum limit for certain php settings like max_execution_time or upload_size, if I give my customers the right to edit their php configurations.

Do you mean, you would like to set these limits and not let your users override them?

Hello,

not exactly. I would like to give the user the possibility to change these settings, but limit it.
For example I want to allow my customers to change the memory_limit, but I don't want them to be able to change it to lets say 2048MB.

My question is, is there a way I can allow the user to change it but only within a certain range (for example between 32MB and 256MB).

I don't think there is. But even if there were note that for the examples you gave, max_execution_time and memory_limit can be set in ANY PHP script with an ini_set() function call, and upload_max_size can be set in an .htaccess file in the same folder as the script.

Yes and no. That applies only if you run mod_php.
Therefore you would only use the custom php configuration possibility, if you don't run mod_php.

Back