• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Question about /usr/local/psa/bin/checkact

Jeroen Bl

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I just received a Cron error per email about a script: /usr/local/psa/bin/checkact. It caught my attention as the error read:

ERROR: Error: Undefined class constant 'ALLOW_CP_LOGIN' (cu.php:80)

Which raised a red flag for me due to the ALLOW_CP_LOGIN part.

Could someone help me understand what this file does? The code seems harmless enough to ignore it (just some template changes afaik), but the script ends with a comment:

# remove (traces of) this script

*insert darth vader tune*

Any help / soothing comments to just ignore it would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure it's a Plesk file. Check which package it belongs to:

For CentOS:

# rpm -qf /usr/local/psa/bin/checkact

For Debian/Ubuntu:

# dpkg -S /usr/local/psa/bin/checkact

Thanks for your quick reply Igor!

Unfortunately the file doesn't seem to be owned by any package.

I have added a screenshot of the full file, maybe that helps?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-08-11 om 11.16.01.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-08-11 om 11.16.01.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 3
I really don't know what is this. But this is definitely not part of the Plesk.

@Jeroen Bl I'm pretty sure that this script has been created by your hosting provider. They seem to ship a pre-installed Plesk version with some customizations.

Can you confirm that you did not install Plesk yourself?

@Monty I have sort of come to the same conclusion when I looked up the creation date of the file which predates the setup date of my server. My provider did indeed pre-install Plesk on the server.

I have sent them a message to get some information on the file, will update here if anything interesting comes up!

Back