• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

question

Ryan11433

Regular Pleskian
why a user are not able to login the ftp that was created in ftp accounts at plesk control panel? But a account created in hosting setup page works. version 9.5.2 ftp is 7.5 iis ftp service.

Could you please provide more details? How it can be reproduced? Do you have any logs, error messages, etc?

hello

it was done by switching from ftp publishing to IIS 7 ftp service. I do already have ftp accounts set up before migrating from my old server (windows 2003) to my new server (windows 2008)

Except my account that was set up in hosting setup in Plesk Control Panel because it can login just fine but accounts created in FTP accounts created can't login it returns "530 User cannot log in"

that did not work..

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0>net stop MSFTPSvc
System error 1060 has occurred.

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

I have IIS FTP service now and the error still appears when logging in the accounts that was set up in FTP accounts at Plesk Control Panel under a domain.

Other way to run this command

C:\Users\Ryan11433>net stop MSFTPSvc
System error 1060 has occurred.

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Full detail is that I have Microsoft FTP Service 7.5.7055.14445 and when you create a FTP account in FTP accounts at the domain page. Those does not work? or do I need to enable something so the accounts can login?

Same FTP 530-User error

530-User cannot log in.
Win32 error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Error details: An error occured during the authentication process.
530 End
Login failed.

In this new version, it is not cached either
Win2008 R2, IIS 7.5 with FTP service, Plesk 9.5.1 This is all on a fresh install and image.

PS C:\> net start ftpsvc
The Microsoft FTP Service service is starting.
The Microsoft FTP Service service was started successfully.

Still has the same login error. Additional steps tried are removing/recreating domain via Plesk and using 'defpackagemng.exe --fix --type=ftpserver' which is listed as ftpserver=iisftp7

None of the above yielded usable results. I would also like to note that using 'iisreset /status' no longer displays FTPSVC, but I think that is more to do with Windows than Plesk. Any one else have some ideas on this?

Took this one step further and removed/readded the FTP role in IIS. Plesk can see the role, however the ftp still receives the 530-User error.
Package is MS FTP7 ver 7.5.7600.14294
I'm at ends on this and opening a support ticket. I'll post what the fix is when found.

Fix

Seems I had this issue in the past, here is what fixed it:

Under the FTP site, go into 'FTP Authentication', click on Basic Auth and edit. There is by default a '\' as the directory, remove this. Click OK and exit out of the management console. You should be able to FTP in now. The problem is FTP parsing the \ as a root directory and not the user root, which creates an access denied. With the slash removed it defaults to the user profile for home directory.

Hope this solves your problem.

Same... "[11:49:35] 530 User cannot log in." Accounts created using FTP accounts section through your domain manager at Plesk Control Panel.

Seems I had this issue in the past, here is what fixed it:

Under the FTP site, go into 'FTP Authentication', click on Basic Auth and edit. There is by default a '\' as the directory, remove this. Click OK and exit out of the management console. You should be able to FTP in now. The problem is FTP parsing the \ as a root directory and not the user root, which creates an access denied. With the slash removed it defaults to the user profile for home directory.

Hope this solves your problem.

Confirming this will fix the login errors on upgrading to MS FTP 7.x

Back