• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

questions about this new version

C

Creamy Goodness

Apparently you have to reinstall plesk if you want to use mssql for plesk's internal database instead of mysql? That's what we did, anyways.
Now, when i look in task manager, i see that there are TWO instances of sqlservr.exe
the 2nd one, instance 'MSSQLSERVER', is running from C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Databases\MSDE\MSSQL\Binn\
Every time the computer boots i see this error in the event log:
SQLBrowser
The configuration of the SQL instance MSSQLSERVER is not valid.
If i log onto the SQLEXPRESS instance with management studio, i can see the 'psa' (plesk) database there just fine. So, can you please tell me why this extra process / instance is needed? I would also like to know how to get rid of that error, but that's not really as important to me.

I also see this in the event log every time the system boots:
w3svc-wp
ISAPI 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\php5isapi.dll' reported itself as unhealthy. No reason was given by the ISAPI

Oh, also, good job on the reconfigurator tool. I'm so glad it could fix the permissions problems we had with a nearly fresh install of plesk on a newly formatted computer :|
Btw, the MailEnable diagnostic reports:
Permissions: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable Failed: IME_ADMIN not granted access Warning Fail
Permissions: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\CONFIG Failed: IME_ADMIN not granted access Warning Fail
Although we're not having any problems with MailEnable right now, that definately doesn't sound good...

Yep, we are getting the smae issue:

Warning: A custom ISAPI filter "HotLinkProtection ISAPI Filter", "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\isapi\hotlinkprot.dll" was detected. It may be necessary to make IME_ADMIN a member of the administrators group in order to ensure that IIS/MailEnableAppPool has access to this filter's resources. For more information, please contact the author of this filter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: A custom ISAPI filter "Jakarta/ISAPI/1.2.15", "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll" was detected. It may be necessary to make IME_ADMIN a member of the administrators group in order to ensure that IIS/MailEnableAppPool has access to this filter's resources. For more information, please contact the author of this filter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: A custom ISAPI filter "Site Preview ISAPI Filter", "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\isapi\sitepreview.dll" was detected. It may be necessary to make IME_ADMIN a member of the administrators group in order to ensure that IIS/MailEnableAppPool has access to this filter's resources. For more information, please contact the author of this filter.

Should we make IME_ADMIN a member of the administrators group?

Hello, Gentlemen. Here are the ansers to your questions:

As for the SQL server instances, if there is a single MSSQL issue which is running Plesk database, there`s no additional sqlservr.exe process. If you have more than one SQL server instance, there might be more processes.

Regarding the IME_admin user, please, tell if you switched to MailEnable Webmail from Horde with Plesk? By default Plesk uses Horde and the IME_admin user is not nesessary.

As for the problem with the ISAPI filter ISAPI 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\php5isapi.dll', I`m not sure what is the reason of the problem. It wold require investigation. Probably, php.ini used for this filter is corrupt. Is Plesk Control Panel webservice running under IIS?

Does someone solved this issue?

We have the same problems. I have reinstalled plesk twice. (on a clean system).
After the second time, we also receive the below error if I try to connect to the plesk control pannel (https://localhost:8443):

We sorry, we have a temporary problem
Try to reload this page or begin with start page

Ran into the same problem with unhealthy php5isapi.dll a day ago. Didn't found the exact cause - but the problem is caused by some kind of internal Plesk check. There is a lot of posts to '%Pleskroot%\admin\htdocs\check-plesk.php'. It causes php5isapi.dll (don't know what's in the requests exactly, why it started and so on yet) to report itself unhealthy and shutdown Plesk app pool after 5 (or what you have by default) errors.

As a workaround - moved it out till checking the issue. Also, if anyone had this issue solved - sched the light please.

This didn't fixed the issue completely - there are more scripts that may cause this. But at least, Plesk app pool stopped to shutdown on our servers.

Back