• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Questions and Suggestions on Plesk Server Network Topology...

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
Hiya!
I currently am running Plesk 8.x on 2 Win2k8 servers setup as workstations only, not on an domain network, or using AD.

In setting up and upgrading to Plesk 9, I found that using MS DNS server, I get a lot of 404 errors, domain not configured correctly. The OS, more less the DNS server, is expecting the machine to be installed on a network with AD, and a domain controller.

I was thinking of putting a Windows Server domain controller, or other wise an AD on the network of these two, new to be Plesk 9 servers.

What do you think? Should I keep using a workgroup setup and not go with a domain network or should I give in and setup a dc and ad on the network of the Plesk 9 servers and satifify the MS OS Win2k8?

If I was to do the later... Here is something that I'm confused with. Could the domain be an actual domain that has a www static IP, or should it be a not-www accessable domain, an internal network domain?

Any help or suggestions would really help me and I'm sure a lot of Plesk users.

Thank you!

Dave.

Dave,

personally i would create two domain controllers with an internal domain, something like plesk9.local or w/e you want to name it. Have those servers run your DNS and all that jazz. Create another domain member server that runs your mysql and ms sql servers, and then have your web servers on seperate member servers as well.

The domain could be public if you like, but its not necessary.

Back