• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

quick question for plesk gurus

J

josesan311

Hello, thank you in advance for helping me on this issue.

Im doing two site migrations from a server to another server, thing is i couldnt do a pleskbackup because i didnt have enough space to create it so i decided to rsync the neccesary folders from one server to another.

The sites are already working, i could rsync the httpdocs folder and mysql databases as well.

The issue is i dont know how to migrate mails and mail accounts because i dont know where they are located.

Question is, does someone knows which folders do i have to move to have my current mail settings/mail accounts and mails on the new server?

Thank you very much for all.

Best Regards.

Originally posted by josesan311
Hello, thank you in advance for helping me on this issue.

Im doing two site migrations from a server to another server, thing is i couldnt do a pleskbackup because i didnt have enough space to create it so i decided to rsync the neccesary folders from one server to another.

The sites are already working, i could rsync the httpdocs folder and mysql databases as well.

The issue is i dont know how to migrate mails and mail accounts because i dont know where they are located.

Question is, does someone knows which folders do i have to move to have my current mail settings/mail accounts and mails on the new server?

Thank you very much for all.

Best Regards.

Well.. suppose you are using Plesk for Unix/Linux on the source server.
Check Plesk configuration file to detect location of the mail directories:

~# grep MAIL /etc/psa/psa.conf
QMAIL_ROOT_D /var/qmail
QMAIL_MAILNAMES_D /var/qmail/mailnames
MAILMAN_ROOT_D /usr/lib/mailman
MAILMAN_VAR_D /var/lib/mailman
~#

Mailboxes are in $QMAIL_MAILNAMES_D, others are qmail and mailman root directories, there binary files and configuration is located.

By the way, you may migrate mail content to the destination server using Import mode in Plesk Migration Manager:

http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1152

Script PleskX.pl from the Migration Manager has an option '--only-mail'. PleskX.pl running with that option does not dump hosting data, only mail configuration and content.
However it's IMPORTANT: you are able to restore a domain with the Manager in case the object does not exist on the destination server, otherwise existent domains are marked with the red mark and not available for selecting.

./anb

Thanks for your quick response

The thing is i just need to migrate all email related from two sites only (i have around 10), so, this will not make me to migrate all the mail data for the other sites aswell right? i dont need to include the other sites content.

Best regards.

In this case you need to copy /var/qmail/mailnames/domian.tld directory for the required domain to a new server and all the mail accounts and their mail messages with settings will be copied as well

Back