• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quota exceed in Plesk 9.5 Linux

K

kclo

Hi,

I have setup a quota for our web hosting service for our customers like 500MB and defined that overuse is not allowed. The linux partition has enabled quota functions and noted that quota has been setup for the website login id(like abc12345) as 500MB for this domain. However, I observed that one website has very high traffic activties and the log file goes upto over 500MB. After Plesk statistic cronjob running, it reports that the web site has over disk usage and suspend this domain.

I noticed that the log file is created under by root and it is not limited by the linux quota functions. It explains why the log can grow larger than 500MB under Linux partition. However, the statistic cronjob will calculate all disk usage under domain directory. After statistic job finished, it will report the domain has over usage. From end-user point of view, he only uploaded very small number of files(like 10-100MB) to the server.

1) Can the statistic job calculate on over usage not including the statistics/log directory?
2) How to prevent domain from disk over usage but also limit on the size of website?

The log in question contains log info for that and only that domain in question. So its doing just the right thing. However your customer can delete the already processed logs through his control panel, log manager to save on disk space.

Back