• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved quotacheck cpu usage

fruf

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running a Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #67 and I have this problem for a while. A scheduled weekly quotacheck process freezes and it gets stuck at 100% cpu usage. Couldn’t find anything in the kb, what could be the problem? Thanks in advance

Is the quotacheck part of Plesk? I would not be aware of any. Could you please give more details on that program?

The question is what exactly you are executing in the scheduled job? I don't think that it is a Plesk script that is being run.

I did nothing, I only realized that there is a quotacheck process when I started to have this problem

I can see so many Google results on a hanging quotacheck that I feel unable to solve this. It could be anything. Some issues with the file system for example. Named pipes for example. Maybe a mount that is going to a very slow external location. Whatsoever. Maybe you should consider to ask Plesk support whether they can dig into this deeper to figure out why it happens. However, I don't think it is a Plesk issue. Rather a general issue with the disk or OS.

@fruf, did you try executing the quota check manually, with the similar but perhaps more verbose arguments? Observing that (and the logs) could perhaps tell you more.

I can see so many Google results on a hanging quotacheck that I feel unable to solve this. It could be anything. Some issues with the file system for example. Named pipes for example. Maybe a mount that is going to a very slow external location. Whatsoever. Maybe you should consider to ask Plesk support whether they can dig into this deeper to figure out why it happens. However, I don't think it is a Plesk issue. Rather a general issue with the disk or OS.

The system is a VPS, running on a server with ssd drives so a disk problem seems unlikely. To be honest I’m not really sure what quotacheck does here, I thought it’s related to plesk subscription quotas

Just an update, I upgraded to Obsidian and this solved the problem. We'll never know...:)

Back