• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved quotacheck cpu usage

fruf

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running a Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #67 and I have this problem for a while. A scheduled weekly quotacheck process freezes and it gets stuck at 100% cpu usage. Couldn’t find anything in the kb, what could be the problem? Thanks in advance

Is the quotacheck part of Plesk? I would not be aware of any. Could you please give more details on that program?

The question is what exactly you are executing in the scheduled job? I don't think that it is a Plesk script that is being run.

I did nothing, I only realized that there is a quotacheck process when I started to have this problem

I can see so many Google results on a hanging quotacheck that I feel unable to solve this. It could be anything. Some issues with the file system for example. Named pipes for example. Maybe a mount that is going to a very slow external location. Whatsoever. Maybe you should consider to ask Plesk support whether they can dig into this deeper to figure out why it happens. However, I don't think it is a Plesk issue. Rather a general issue with the disk or OS.

@fruf, did you try executing the quota check manually, with the similar but perhaps more verbose arguments? Observing that (and the logs) could perhaps tell you more.

I can see so many Google results on a hanging quotacheck that I feel unable to solve this. It could be anything. Some issues with the file system for example. Named pipes for example. Maybe a mount that is going to a very slow external location. Whatsoever. Maybe you should consider to ask Plesk support whether they can dig into this deeper to figure out why it happens. However, I don't think it is a Plesk issue. Rather a general issue with the disk or OS.

The system is a VPS, running on a server with ssd drives so a disk problem seems unlikely. To be honest I’m not really sure what quotacheck does here, I thought it’s related to plesk subscription quotas

Just an update, I upgraded to Obsidian and this solved the problem. We'll never know...:)

Back