• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question RAM, CPU, Disk I/O

nmdpa3

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 #2
Under Service Plans, there are options to limit by Plan, RAM, CPU, and DISK I/O utilization. What are the best practice values to use if one chooses to use those options?

Bump for Plesk team. Hopefully you have some standard suggestions for those values. Mainly WP sites, probably 100-200 per server.

Hey, @nmdpa3. You can find the hardware requirements for Plesk here along with recommendations for the RAM and disk space allocation. However, please note that this is just a rough estimate and these aren't set in stone as each website is unique and your users' websites might need more/less resources.

Thanks, the question was not about server resources, but Service Plan resources. The servers themselves are ok. We're looking to limit specific resources at the Service Plan level based on the settings available through Plesk specifically through the Service Plan page.

Attachments

• serviceplans.png
    serviceplans.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 7
Thanks, the question was not about server resources, but Service Plan resources. The servers themselves are ok. We're looking to limit specific resources at the Service Plan level based on the settings available through Plesk specifically through the Service Plan page.

Your screenshot shows Cgroups, which can be used in Service plans.

Perhaps, however there appears to be no documentation linking Cgroups to the options shown in the Service Plans page correlating how these interact. My familiarity with Cgroups only relates to its use with the monitoring extension.

Bottom line, were trying to put restrictions on disk I/O as it relates to the definition of Service Plans in Plesk. This appears to be the place to do it, but in-depth doc on using this from Services Plans seems to be unclear.

Note: The screen shot was taken directly from the "Service Plans" page.

Would appreciate some documentation from Plesk on these options on the Service Plan page. There is no relevant documentation from the help icon on the page.

I understand what you would like to know, as it's a very technical issue. Currently, the only articles are these two:

- (Plesk for Linux) Cgroups Manager
- How to Use Cgroups Manager to Increase Website Performance Through Resource Isolation on Linux - Plesk

These articles provide a good starting point, but they may not cover all the details or best practices you're looking for, especially when it comes to setting IO limits for individual subscriptions.

If anyone in the community has more in-depth experience or could share detailed best practices for configuring Cgroups with Plesk—particularly for IO management—I think it would be incredibly valuable to many of us.

Back