• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Ram Disk installation

HATIRA POLAT ARKALI

New Pleskian
Hello
I have Vps with 32Gb ram and Plesk 17 and Usualy I am using Wordpress for my web sites.
And I need to Upgrade my Wordpress Performance now.
and I am Looking best solution for wordpress Performance and I am looking Guide for plesk

I am Already using Php 5.6.30 + FPM Apllication + Nginx

I want to install Ramdisk And I want to run my wordpres file or database with ramdisk
How is possible? how can I install and configure ramdisk?
Or any other solution?

And Another Question is about Gzip Compresion. I already activate Gzip on Nginx with "Additional nginx directives" page on plesk and When I Ceck Gzip
on https://checkgzipcompression.com it is working fine
But When I check my website speed on gtmetrix.com ,I get gzip not activate attention.

my Web site is:
https://marinborsa.com

And this is my complete Additional nginx directives for rewrite rules and for gzip activation:

#Rewrite multisite '.../wp-.*' and '.../*.php'.
if (!-e $request_filename) {
rewrite /wp-admin$ $scheme://$host$uri/ permanent;
rewrite ^/[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+(/wp-.*) $1 last;
rewrite ^/[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+(/.*\.php)$ $1 last;
}
if (!-e $request_filename)
{
rewrite ^(.+)$ /index.php?q=$1 last;
}

rewrite ^/sitemap(-+([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+))?\.xml$ "/index.php?xml_sitemap=params=$2" last;
rewrite ^/sitemap(-+([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+))?\.xml\.gz$ "/index.php?xml_sitemap=params=$2;zip=true" last;
rewrite ^/sitemap(-+([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+))?\.html$ "/index.php?xml_sitemap=params=$2;html=true" last;
rewrite ^/sitemap(-+([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+))?\.html.gz$ "/index.php?xml_sitemap=params=$2;html=true;zip=true" last;

gzip_proxied any;
gzip on;
gzip_comp_level 2;
gzip_http_version 1.0;
gzip_proxied any;
gzip_min_length 1100;
gzip_buffers 16 8k;
gzip_types text/plain text/html text/css application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;

# Disable for IE < 6 because there are some known problems
gzip_disable "MSIE [1-6].(?!.*SV1)";

# Add a vary header for downstream proxies to avoid sending cached gzipped files to IE6
gzip_vary on;

I think that it would be better to setup MySQL temp directory on RAM disk. Try something like this:

Create a tmpfs directory :

# mkdir /var/tmpfs
# chown mysql:mysql /var/tmpfs

# id mysql

Make sure to get the uid and gid for mysql

# vi /etc/fstab

and add line

tmpfs /var/tmpfs tmpfs rw,uid=xxx,gid=xxx,size=500M,nr_inodes=10k,mode=0700 0 0

with correct uid and gid.
Save and quit.

# mount -a

# vi /etc/my.cnf #or the mysql config file for your server

[mysqld]
tmpdir=/var/tmpfs
tmp_table_size=2K

Restart MySQL server.

Regarding gzip compression for nginx I would recommend to use method described in https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213380049

I changed the settings with your recommendations but the result is the same for Gzip

gzipcheck.jpg

gtmetrix.jpg

I changed the settings with your recommendations but the result is the same for Gzip
Instructions given are correct, but you may need to expand the MIME type list in

Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/bmp image/svg+xml;

for example
Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/javascript application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/bmp image/svg+xml;

because the example given in the FAQ article does not cover all cases. Specificially application/javascript must be added for RHEL/CentOS with latest Apache. Maybe the test suite requires more MIME types, depending on what it tests.

Plus always remember to restart nginx after a change.
# service nginx restart

Instructions given are correct, but you may need to expand the MIME type list in

Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/bmp image/svg+xml;

for example
Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/javascript application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/bmp image/svg+xml;

because the example given in the FAQ article does not cover all cases. Specificially application/javascript must be added for RHEL/CentOS with latest Apache. Maybe the test suite requires more MIME types, depending on what it tests.

Plus always remember to restart nginx after a change.
# service nginx restart

Gzip okay now. thank you

I will try Ramdisk installation after backup. What is your Limit recommendation for me?

Last edited:
I guess I installed Ramdisk But I am not sure is it working or not.
I install with 5000 Mb When I check Plesk Panel I see tmpfs disk but No activity in used section.

ramdisk.jpg

I guess I just install Ramdisk.
How can I Run Wordpress database on Ramdisk? and is it Possible to load Wordpress file from ramdisk?
Please Can you give me more detailed information For Speed up my systems

Back