• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

random disconnects on httpd

M

malikcide

I have RH5 64 with Plesk 8.2 running on Virtuozzo 3.51 SP1 (RH4 64). There is almost no load on the system, 2 domains with very little traffic on a quad core with 4GB ram, there are no other VE.

Every 30 minutes or so when using any website on the first VE, it will not respond on HTTP for about 20-30 seconds then it works fine. I notice this often when playing with Plesk or our Shopping cart that we get a time out in IE it says dns error.

I've looked in all the logs and I cannot seem to track this back, we do not loose ping connectivity to the box, top reports almost no usage as expected, logs (messages, cron, secure, error_log, apf_log) show no errors or anything of concern.

I just can't figure out what is causing this. I am not sure if it is apache doing this or not.

Originally posted by breun
If it says DNS error, I'd look into DNS.

I really doubt it is DNS.

1) That error is generic when unable to access the server.
2) Connection was already established and using the server for 4 hours or so and every 20-30 minutes it happens, DNS has already been resolved and cached.

Originally posted by lvalics
Try to see mod_dosevasive, can be that ...

Mod Evasive is not installed, I am using ddos deflate instead, but I have confirmed this has not triggered any events.

I cannot see any usable information in any of the log files to suspect anything.

Also, ping connectivity to the host is not stopped, but SSH/FTP/WWW is.