• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

rblsmtpd logging

EMerkel

New Pleskian
Does the rblsmtpd shipped with Plesk 11 support the -v option so that rejected connections etc will show up in the log files?

Eric

I'm not sure about the -v option in rblsmtpd I'm afraid.

But if you use qmail as opposed to postfix, you can install spamdyke (www.spamdyke.org) which allows you to log pretty much everything (and not use rblsmtpd).

FWIW I am using qmail which uses rblsmtpd so I would like to know if this version has logging ability.

I will check out spamdyke.

Thanks,
Eric

spamdyke is really very seriously wonderful. It is simple to install and configure and there's even an RPM in the Atomic repo if you don't want to compile from source.

The only downsides to spamdyke are that it is qmail only and, when it is installed, you can't use pop-before-relay (not that this should be a problem really -- pop-before-relay can be evil).

There's even a GUI that integrates well with Plesk (this is provided by a third party and is not from the spamdyke author) and the mailing list is great -- you'll get quick answers to any questions. And no, I didn't write it :)

Back