Hello to the Plesk Forums I have just gained access to my Plesk Admin panel after a server crash that happened 3 days ago and would like to share the knowlegde with other Plesk users of how I overcame the lockout... A few days ago I had a server crash. Nothing too bad, but such that I had to restart the server first in safemode to fix the file structures that were out of whack! Well, a day after the adventure, I came to log into my Plesk admin only to find the following lockout text: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ERROR: PleskException Unable initialize session: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/cmd_loginup.php:188 createSessionCommon(integer '1', string 'admin', boolean true, string 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx') 1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/cmd_loginup.php:272 createSessionAdmin(string 'admin', string '*************', boolean false) 2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/cmd_loginup.php:126 createSession(string 'admin', string '*************') 3: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php3:19 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To continue, I went to the swsoft support ticket area, only to find that, as a consequence of not having Plesk 8.1 Admin access, I couldn't enter the plesk key info requested in the support open a ticket form..... It kept refusing to send the help request.... (deep joy!) In addition to this, I am a client of a Plesk reseller partner so the rules of the game are such that I really should request help from them and not directly from Plesk (SWsoft). OK, being the one who likes to play by the rules, I did send an 'high priority' support request to my server company almost within 30 minutes or so of finding that I was locked out of my Plesk Admin panel. That was 3 days ago.... Try to Imagine, I had my own frustration being locked out; and the ear bending from customers hosted on this server having the same problem who were justifiably threatening to find another host provider, who, in their words, "could provide support in a reasonable time without making excuses....!" (..... a slight deviation off the mark to send a brief signal to plesk and my server provider .... ARE YOU GETTING THE POINT !) . that feels better ... OK .. to continue.. Right, with all credit due to this forum and its registered subscribers, tonight I did a google search that pointed me to these swsoft forums ... and i was able to grasp enough information from the messages to do some investigations on the particular server hosting the lockout. In brief, the posts that helped me were concentrating on an oversized log file error somewhere within the vicinity of the "/usr/local/psa/" server address. I found, (by trial and error method), the problem file(s) on this particular server of mine were located at: "/usr/local/psa/var/log" In this folder, were two rather exceptionally lage log files: maillog.processed.1 - (10 megabytes) xferlog.processed.1 - (7 megabytes) So, ever the cautious server admin that i am, I tarred up these 2 files to: maillog.processed.1.gz xferlog.processed.1.tgz then, I deleted the two large files mentioned above (maillog.processed.1) and (xferlog.processed.1) Believe me.... after so many days of pissing in the wind asking for help .... these file deletes felt fantastic.... OK . to continue I went to my Plesk Admin Panel Login Screen .... and guess what ..!! I was able to log in... I hope this short story might help similar Plesk user experiences to locate and cure similar lockout problems Best regards to all Grassmonster.......................... !!!