• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Re-sync Mailboxes with Migration tool - how to sync deleted messages on source?

romofoos

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 9.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.61 #6
about plesk migration tool. when i do a re-sync the mails in mailboxes that have been synched earlier but in the meantime have been deleted in the source will not be deleted in the target.

What is best strategy to avoid this behaviour?

Hello, @romofoos. Unfortunately, at this point, it is not possible to delete items on the destination server through the Migration tool. There is an existing UserVoice request and I would like to encourage you to vote for it if you want our team to take it into consideration in future. In the meantime, the alternative I can suggest is to consider manually performing an imap sync:

imapsync --host1 hostname.com --ssl1 --user1 [email protected] --host2 hostname.com --ssl2 --user2 [email protected]

You need to replace "hostname.com" with the actual hostname to the corresponding server where host1 is the source and host2 destination, and [email protected] with the actual email address. Upon executing the command you will be also be prompted to provide the email account password. On the first prompt for the source server and on the second prompt for the destination server.

Please note that imapsync is not installed by default, and you will likely need to manually install it with yum/dnf.

Back