• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Recommended number of Back ups

Peter Downes

Basic Pleskian
Hi

In the 'Backup Manager' for each of the 100 or so domains on my server I see that there are 25 Back ups (.xml files). This seems rather a lot. (I presume each site is using 25 the disk space that their website is using though I need to investigate what is being backed up.)

How many backups does the community think is adequate?
(My sites are all pretty standard small business websites.)

Many Thanks
Pete

Actually it's up to you and I do not think that strong recommendations may be here. But 25 backups is quite many, in my humble opinion.

@Peter,

Normally, it would or should be sufficient to have a "rolling backup" of three days: that is, the maximum number of backups is 3 and a daily backup task is scheduled.

That´s all!

Regards....

@Peter Downes,

No problem, many thanks for the "like".

By the way, I saw that you had opened another topic thread, also concerning the backup manager.

Is that issue, being the exclusion of one domain when backing up the entire server, resolved to your satisfaction?

If not, just let me know, so we can have a look at how that issue can be resolved best.

Regards....

Thanks trialotto. Yes the 'back up excluding a domain' problem has been resolved thank you.
It may become an issue further down the line in which case I may come back you. :)

Back