• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Recreation of webmail and sitepreview domains and app pool in IIS 7.5

• Thread starter Hendrik JA Meyer
  • Start date
H

Hendrik JA Meyer

After endless problems getting plesk and user data migrated and working to a server 2008 r2 x64 server I decided to uninstall and re-install IIS 7.5. After the re-install I deleted all default app pools and domains and then using 'websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all' and 'ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all' I restored all client and domain web and ftp sites to IIS. But now I discovered that the webmail and $sitepreview sites with their associated app pools were missing.

1st I tried using the plesk installer to remove webmail and scripting engines and then re-installed them and then tried using the reconfigurator to 'check component and folder permissions' and 'repair plesk installation'.

After all this only the webmail site was recreated, but without it's own application pool - it is now linked to the default plesk application pool. And sitepreview site and application pool is still missing.

What process, manual or otherwise, can I follow to re-create these 2 sites and corresponding application pools correctly and with the necessary permissions? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Back