• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Redirect Email

KrzychM

New Pleskian
Hello,

Any chances to redirect emails to public email box example: From: @gmail.com -> To: @pleskuser.com -> Redirect: @yahoo.com,
I have spf error that I'm not allowed to send email as a gmail ??

Kindest regards,

Ah, interesting. This is SPF working as it should, I think. The idea is that an email from domain.tlf will not be accepted unless is has been sent via IPs specified as being OK by the spf records for domain.tld.

Unfortunately, when an email is forwarded by qmail, the IP is that of your Plesk server.

If this IP isn't allowed (and it won't be), the email will be rejected.

I can't think of a way around it. Does Yahoo offer a pop3 pickup service like Google does? If so then get the client to set things up that way and all will be well.

On one level I'd be happy to be told I'm wrong about all this, but I imagine that would mean spammers could easily bypass SPF and that would be a bad thing.

I don't know if i understood you correct, so correct me please.

Your domain that is running with gmail service (google apps) must have following SPF record:
v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=178723

In addition, you can add new e-mail forward inside of GMAIL account by Clicking on that "Wheel" on the right side-> Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP -> Add a forwarding address. Is this what you want?

Then this email will come: To: @pleskuser.com where you setup redirect to your @yahoo.com mail.

Back