• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Redirect from "bare" domain to specific URL

dragan979

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.41 Update #1
I have domain hosted in Plesk, mydomain.com

I want to make redirrection/rewriting so when someone type mydomain.com is automatically redirected to mydomain.com/page

mydomain.com/page exists in plesk, i followed Redirects in Plesk | HostGator Support but when clicking "Apply" i'm getting warning that current site will be deleted

When you change the hosting type to redirect, it indeeds erases your content, because then the web server is instructed to only send a 301 redirect to the browser, but no content. This is not what you want. You want an "URL rewrite" with mod_rewrite (installed by default). You'll find tons of manuals on URL rewrites on Google. You probably simply need to add a line like

Redirect / /page/

to your .htaccess file (if page is not a page, but directory), or /page.html if it is a page. Also, when your goal is to set a different index page for your website, then you may want to look into the "Apache & Nginx settings" configuration, because you can set your index page name there.

Back