• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Redirect from new domain to old domain/wp-signup.php

SLOposum

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.56 Update #4
Hello, i migrated a Wordpress website out of a multisite installation to a single page installation. From a Plesk temp domain to a new Plesk temp domain.
It keeps redirecting to the old domain + wp-signup.php or to be more exact: Web. It's not everytime, but quite a lot. It's driving me insane.
I created a completely new temp domain with a black WP installation and the same thing happened.
Could this be a Plesk issue?

Any help appreciated.

That'll be a Wordpress configuration issue. You need to make sure that in wp-config.php no specific URLs are defined where your website resides. Plus, the siteurl and home datasets in your WP *_options table must point to the correct URL. Finally, your .htaccess file must not redirect traffic to another URL, and you can also check whether a caching plugin is active that contains outdated, cached pages. These would also need to be removed.

Hello Peter, thanks for your reply. Those have all been checked, no URLs in any of those files.
Checking the console when opening e-Maribor.si, i get a few warnings from the previous domain. What would this mean?
Screenshot 2023-11-30 092811.png

It means that the previous domain is still used in some context in your Wordpress website.

Back