• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Redirected mail not being erased from mail file

S

sjwrick

Running Plesk 7.5 reloaded on Fedora Core 2 / qmail

I have a problem with a symptom of email being duplicated for the end user.

Here's what happens.:

1. The user has an email account "A" which works fine. Checks it with his client (ie Outlook,Outlook Express,....) and it works fine.

2. The user decides to redirect his mail to a different account, say account "B". Account "B" may or may not reside on the Plesk controlled server.

3. The user then sets up or already has setup account "B" in his client program. He neglects to remove the settings for account "A". Sooooo.... he is essentially checking both accounts one of which forwards to the other account.

The expectation is that the account "A", with the redirect, would have no mail to be downloaded to the client application. All that incoming mail would have been redirected to account "B".

However, when the client checks mail he receives two copies of the mail. In looking at the headers of each mail I can see the appropriate server stamps on both emails. One with shorter headers ending up in account "A" and one with additional stamps ending up in account "B".

How can I resolve this? (Other then having the customer not check the Account "A" mail.)

Thanks for input,
Rick

The problem is that A is setup as a mailbox too and it keeps the messages and also forwards it. So disable the mailbox option for the A account.

Thanks for the response. Will adjust and reply back if things don't clear up.

Rick

Back