1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Redirecting Mail Problems? - try this.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Peekay@, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Peekay@

Peekay@ Guest

I recently needed to redirect mail from info @ example.com to xyz @ example.com. Both mailboxes are on my VPS.

I created a new mail name of 'info' without a password, or control panel access, or a mailbox. I then enabled 'redirect' for the name and entered 'xyz' for the address.

This works fine, however... when I tried the same procedure to redirect mail to an external mail account on another server, it didn't work at all.

To get the redirect function to function, I found I had to add a password and tick the CP access box for the mail name. I suspect you should do this anyway, but it is not a requirement and it caused problems for me.

HTH