• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Rejected Email

Jayson

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Seems like another problem with my recent migration to 11.09 from 10.4.x

Customers are having email rejected because Postfix is attempting to send using their website ip, which is shared. In their DNS I have my email server listed as their MX. It is on a completely different dedicated ip address. Checking maillog I see dozens of rejections all with shared ip addresses of various hosting customers. None of these people have their own mail server and use mine by default.

Anyone know if this is a bug, or configuration mistake? My email server should be sending out with the same ip address as eth0 shouldn't it?

Thank you

This behavior is due to a feature of sending mail from subscription IP address.

Please make sure that your MX records have desired priorities.

The customer only has one MX record and it's for my email server, priority is 10. My DNS has the same mail server with the same MX priority.

The customer only has one MX record and it's for my email server, priority is 10. My DNS has the same mail server with the same MX priority.

Oops, sorry, right.

Unfortunately, I can't remember right now how to disable sender ip feature or even whether you can disable it at all. Since it works only for Postfix, you can switch to QMail as a quick workaround. I'll get back to you in a couple of hours when I'll be able to search for ways to disable the feature.

Thank you, that makes great sense. Before upgrading I was using Qmail, I figured since Postfix seems to be the future, I would use it. Doh!

Thank you, that makes great sense. Before upgrading I was using Qmail, I figured since Postfix seems to be the future, I would use it. Doh!

You should stay on Postfix, if possible. QMail is pretty much "dead" already. Updates for it are highly unlikely, new features are also unlikely to include support for QMail.

That said, there is no simple way to turn this feature off. Hint for those that strife for knowledge: this feature is automatically turned on if "$features['SDD_Transport_Maps'] = true;" in "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --features" output.

I always thought it would be nice to bind the outgoing smtp IP to a particular clients domain (should be MX). Careful what you wish for I guess.. Great feature or not, my mail queue is starting to fill up. I see it's possible to bind a specific ip in /etc/postfix/main.cf by adding smtp_bind_address, but I don't want to affect users currently with dedicated ip addresses not using my domain for sending mail.

Here's a previously unanswered similar problem,

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=209918

Last edited:
/bump

I hate to bump my own thread but I'm getting desperate. Does anyone have a solution for this aside from removing Postfix and installing Qmail? Many others must have faced the same problem.

Back