• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved relink-vhost-logs failed: mkdir: cannot create directory - Target directory '' is in invalid state.

Thomas_Krcal

New Pleskian
Hello.
I have following Warning when creating a new Domain inside a Subscriptions:

Problem.jpg

I found this Article:
http://kb.odin.com/en/117725

But in my case this does not solve the Problem.

1> All permissions are right.
2> When I type command '/usr/local/psa/bin/repair --restore-vhosts-permissions' i get the answer 'Directory permissions were successfully updated.'
3> The Order of Webuser and FTPUser (as described in the article) could also not be the problem, because in my case there is only one user (There is only Webuser and no FTP-User.)
4> When typing '/usr/local/psa/bin/repair --update-vhosts-structure' I get the following error 6 times each:

Code:
[2015-04-15 21:03:30] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed
Error: update-vhosts-structure failed: mkdir: cannot create directory `./webroot.kk-bits.com/logs': File exists
ERROR: Cannot relink logs. Target directory '/var/www/vhosts/webroot.kk-bits.com/logs' is in invalid state.

Unable to update the structure of the home directory: an unexpected error has occurred.
update-vhosts-structure failed: mkdir: cannot create directory `./webroot.kk-bits.com/logs': File exists
ERROR: Cannot relink logs. Target directory '/var/www/vhosts/webroot.kk-bits.com/logs' is in invalid state.

To get the error 6 times seems to mean, that i have this problem with 6 Domain.

Thank you for your help

Run

# mv /var/www/vhosts/webroot.kk-bits.com/logs /var/www/vhosts/webroot.kk-bits.com/logs_back

and then run

# /usr/local/psa/bin/repair --update-vhosts-structure

again.

I have this exact error:

relink-vhost-logs failed: mkdir: cannot create directory './moly.cl/logs': File exists ERROR: Cannot relink logs. Target directory '/var/www/vhosts/moly.cl/logs' is in invalid state.

But the article link not working:
http://kb.odin.com/en/117725

Hi Nicolas,

you are referring to suggestions from 2015, which is quite odd.
The Plesk KB - articles moved to => Help Center a while ago and got as well new structures - old KB - articles ( or the ones, which are not valid anymore! ) were removed.

You should use the "Plesk Repair Utility" by now, but you still can use the suggestion from @IgorG to solve your issue. Use the "--help" command string option, to list all possible commands over the command line for Plesk executables.

Example:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/repair --help

Additional informations: => Documentation for the Plesk Repair Utility and Plesk 12.5: => Plesk Repair Utility

Back