• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue remote access and adding a new database server are impossible

regisg

Regular Pleskian
Hello PleskMen,

I have a dedicated server (Debian 8) with a dedicated IP.

I installed on my PC (windows 10) several softs to monitor the MYSQL databases on this server but the connection is allways impossible (unless 1- my MYSQL Server is opened for remote access 2- the firewall permits remote access on port 3306 3- ping from my PC towards my server is OK).

Then I thought the reason is the following : the default mysql server is set on "localhost" instead of the server adress IP... do you think i am right ?

So, i tried to add a new mysql database server from Plesk with the server adress IP.
For that, i connected to Plesk with the admin user and i used "Add Databa Sever" : i filled out the server adress IP, a new port (6645) and the root login / password of the server.
... but it fails :-(((
Error: The test connection to the database server has failed because of network problems:
Connection refused

So please what can i do... ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

PS : it looks same issue that cant Add Database Server

Hi,

This function ("Add Database server") does not create new database server inside Plesk. It helps add external already created and pre-configured server into Plesk.

So, your server refused connection because you have not installed MySQL on port 6645.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

This is the result :
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 20066/mysqld

Back