• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue remote backup in google drive

davidplaza

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.48_build1800221104.03 os_Ubuntu 20.04
Hello, it happens to me that since yesterday in the plesk I know that I have configured in lighsail of aws, you can't make remote backup copies on google drive, it happens to me in 3 it's as if the service no longer works, has it happened to you?

I get the following error.

Error:
Unable to create the remote backup: Transport error: Extension transport: ext://google-drive-backup/server/: Google Drive returns an error. Please try repeating the operation later. The error details: <!DOCTYPE html> <html lang=en> <meta charset=utf-8> <meta name=viewport content="initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, width=device-width"> <title>Error 502 (Server Error)!!1</title> <style> *{margin:0;padding:0}html,code{font:15px/22px arial,sans-serif}html{background:#fff;color:#222;padding:15px}body{margin:7% auto 0;max-width:390px;min-height:180px;padding:30px 0 15px}* > body{background:url(//www.google.com/images/errors/robot.png) 100% 5px no-repeat;padding-right:205px}p{margin:11px 0 22px;overflow:hidden}ins{color:#777;text-decoration:none}a img{border:0}@media screen and (max-width:772px){body{background:none;margin-top:0;max-width:none;padding-right:0}}#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/1x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;margin-left:-5px}@media only screen and (min-resolution:192dpi){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat 0% 0%/100% 100%;-moz-border-image:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) 0}}@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:2){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;-webkit-background-size:100% 100%}}#logo{display:inline-block;height:54px;width:150px} </style> <a href=//www.google.com/><span id=logo aria-label=Google></span></a> <p><b>502.</b> <ins>That’s an error.</ins> <p>The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.<p>Please try again in 30 seconds. <ins>That’s all we know.</ins>

I think that this message originates from the Google Drive server. It does not really give a reason, but you'll most likely need to ask Google on this.

It has to be something plesk because I have lightsail. with 3 plesk, and in two copies and in one no, and others plesk copying on the same drive and they don't give problems, at the end of 4 I miss one

Hi @davidplaza, I am not sure if I understand you correctly. You are saying that you think it is a Plesk issue, but at the same time you are also saying that it works on three of your Plesk servers but not on the fourth. As the message is coming from your Google backup account, please hint us how it could be related to Plesk in this case?

Hi @davidplaza, I am not sure if I understand you correctly. You are saying that you think it is a Plesk issue, but at the same time you are also saying that it works on three of your Plesk servers but not on the fourth. As the message is coming from your Google backup account, please hint us how it could be related to Plesk in this case?
Yes, I have 4 plesk servers and they all copy in google drive incremental and once a full week, because in one of them I can't copy either in google drive or dropbox, so I rule out that it's a google drive and dropbox problem, since in the others it lets me make daily copies continuously.

Which makes me a lot of insecurity to do backup in the same plesk, it already happened to me once the bbdd is corrupted and we lost all the information

When I give him to copy only settings and email messages he does it to me without problem, if I give him to copy the option of user files and database he no longer does it to me, I don't know if it gives an error to some file or something, but he doesn't tell me what problem there is

All backup processes are logged in detail.

The different logs descend from /var/log/plesk/PMM and are grouped in directories like
/var/log/plesk/PMM/backup-2022-12-28-23-14-17-233
/var/log/plesk/PMM/backup-2022-12-29-06-42-08-674
etc.

In these directories you find three log files, e.g.
backup.log
pmmcli.log
profile.log

You will want to look into backup.log. It gives you all the steps that a backup does. If there are errors, it will also give the errors and what is causing the errors.

I have the same problem with 15 servers, the problem is plesk google driver plug-in sourced zero server, the same problem continued.

The same account is connected with the cpanel api and it backs up without any problems, even if there is a problem with google, the cpanel api does not backup, it gives the same error

unfortunately it doesn't work anymore.

unfortunately it doesn't work anymore.
Yeah, we are running into troubles again too. We are currently trying multi volume backups, but are still new problems (The size of the volume does not match the expected one). Maybe it will solve your problem though. Worth a try.

Quick Guide: Enable Multivolume backup in Scheduled Backup Settings under Tools & Settings > Backup Manager > Schedule.

Source: Unable to create the remote backup at Google Drive

Yeah, we are running into troubles again too. We are currently trying multi volume backups, but are still new problems (The size of the volume does not match the expected one). Maybe it will solve your problem though. Worth a try.

Quick Guide: Enable Multivolume backup in Scheduled Backup Settings under Tools & Settings > Backup Manager > Schedule.

Source: Unable to create the remote backup at Google Drive

I complained to google office in turkey, google Enterprise workspace, i pay 350 USD, we don't use it for free, if this limit is not removed, we will pass to microsoft onedrive.

Google says we do not apply a limit, I will prove it with logs.

3 out of 26 servers worked.

So backing up to Google Drive is currently not possible. The error we're seeing is: Sorry ... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

Neither enabling Multivolume backups, nor the changes to panel.ini are working any more.

Some details:
  • We're paying Google Workspace customers with Business Standard accounts, so we have plenty of space on GDrive
  • We're trying to backup to a shared workspace.
  • We started seeing issues on March 14.
Any comments from Plesk's side maybe @Peter Debik

Back