• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

remote dns servers

J

Jorge Adrian

Hello.

I plan on running multiple Plesk 9.5.2 linux installations and I would like to have all of them use a single set of DNS servers so that users can just use ns1/ns2.mycompany.com as their name servers instead of having a set of name servers for each plesk server. How can this be accomplished? Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Just go to Home -> DNS Settings and switch off nameserver. After that ckick to 'Add DNS record' and add your external nameservers there.

Just go to Home -> DNS Settings and switch off nameserver. After that ckick to 'Add DNS record' and add your external nameservers there.

It seems to me like this would only make plesk READ dns information from the name servers I specify.

Would this make it so that plesk connects to the DNS servers I specify and add new zones as necessary?

I still don't think you understand what it is that I need.

I want to be able to make multiple installations of plesk CONTROL and READ zone data from a single set of name servers instead of each plesk installation having their own name servers.

Parallels used to have something like this. it was in a product called "plesk extend" or something like that, but it is no longer supported and it is not compatible with version 9.x. That software had something in it called "centralized DNS" which appears to be what I need.

So, I am asking if there is a way to do that in Plesk 9.x

Thank you.

There are two possible solutions.

1. Use Event Handler like "Domain created". Some custom script will be executed with this handler for creation DNS zone on some central nameserver. Own Plesk nameserver should be disabled and this central nameserver specified.

2. Use Expand with Centralized DNS. But Expand works only with Plesk 8.x version, unfortunately.

Hello everyone,

Jorge, did you got an solution for this DNS central? , i am looking for the samething

thanks advanced

Back