• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Remote SmarterMail?

P

pboisso

Hello,

Just bought Plesk 7.5 and I know it is not supposed to support remote mail server, but since SmarterMail seems to be fully web based, I though that maybe Plesk was communicating with SmarterMail using the local ip (maybe hidden in plesk settings somwhere).

Did anyone know if it would be possible to use SmarterMail on a remote server with Plesk for Windows 7.5?

Any clue would be very appreciated. If I find something somewhere else, I will post it here.

Thank you.

Patrice

I have been experimenting with Plesk 7.5.x and have not yet been able to figure out all of the remoting functionality. I have dedicated DNS servers, a dedicated SQL server and dedicated Primary and Secondary mail servers. I only want Plesk to handle my WEB SERVING and interact with these servers and services, not to run everything on one box.

The SW-SOFT web site indicates that this stuff is possible, but I have yet to find any documentation. All of the documentation available is very general.

Does any one know how to do this? Is it actually possible?

Hi Anthony Francis,

please be informed, that you are actually in the forum section "Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older" and you are replying to a thread, which is 11 (!!!) years old.
Solutions and suggestions for Plesk 12.5 are not at all compatible with Plesk versions 8.x and older and will lead to issues/errors/problems and failures on your server, if you use Plesk 8.x and older versions.

Hi Anthony Francis,

please be informed, that you are actually in the forum section "Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older" and you are replying to a thread, which is 11 (!!!) years old.
Solutions and suggestions for Plesk 12.5 are not at all compatible with Plesk versions 8.x and older and will lead to issues/errors/problems and failures on your server, if you use Plesk 8.x and older versions.
Thank you UFHH01, I understand this. What I am actually replying to is the third google hit for "remote smartermail with plesk. I am just trying to help people that did the same searches I did, and came up with nothing. I appreciate your enthusiasm and love of exclamatory marks, but I felt as though I had to post this here anyway. Also, I am fairly sure that a very similar process could be used on an older version of Plesk if someone was using such a thing. That wouldn't surprise me, considering how many Helm installations are still in production.

IMO the fact that Plesk doesn't let you use a remote smartermail installation is ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason for it other than pure laziness, no one wanted to take the time to make an interface for it in the product.

Back