• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Remote Storage Backup To OneDrive (TAR) - Extract: The File Size Exceeds The Allowed Limit And Cannot Be Saved?

BernieG

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
PC: Windows 11, Server Almalinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian Version 18.0.60
Hi,

I'm using my Microsoft OneDrive account because they provide me 1TB with my Office 365 subscription. The backups seem to be getting saved properly and I see the following under my OneDrive account. The total full backup is around 65GB and the incremental backups are around 2GB. I see the TAR files that get generated are 100MB for each one.

I tried using 7-Zip to extract/unzip these files on my Windows 11 machine but I keep on getting the "The File Size Exceeds The Allowed Limit And Cannot Be Saved" message. I increased the "FileSizeLimitinBytes" registry to 4GB following the instructions in the link below, however this still doesn't work.

Is there a way I can extract/unzip these backups under Windows? Can I change the size of the TAR backups to be smaller in Plesk? Would this work if I used TAR in the command line? Or am I not able to extract/unzip these files in a Windows environment?

Thank you.

Attachments

• tar-backups-2.png
    tar-backups-2.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
  • tar-backups-1.png
    tar-backups-1.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 1
Another thing I find strange with these Plesk backups to my OneDrive is I see a folder is created with an underscore underneath it, for example, "backup_2404281810.tar_" is this an issue with backing up to OneDrive?

I did a test backing up to Amazon S3 and I didn't notice this happening there; it just created a backup file without the underscore at the end, for example, "backup_2404281810.tar" and shows as a file instead of a folder like OneDrive shows it as.

Back