• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removal of unused files

J

jwdick

Question from someone who is unsure -

My original installation was Plesk 7.5.3. I updated to Plesk 7.5.4. After a few "bug" fixes, now everything is running good. I would like to remove the unused files from 7.5.3. In /root/psa there are two folders, Plesk 7.5.3 and Plesk 7.5.4 which appear to be the installation rpms. Can I safely remove the 7.5.3 folder now and recover that disk space?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jack

I would download and burn them to CD/DVD for archival purposes (but then I'm a bit anal), then you can get rid of the old version RPMs since you are now running the new version. The only time you would really need the older RPMs is if you needed to re-install something from that version.

Although, I have noticed in the past that on servers which were upgraded from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 to 7.5.4, some of the older RPMs which are the same as the older Plesk version, the installer script did not re-download fresh copies into the new Plesk directory, but maintained the one from the older Plesk directory, so caution may be advised.

Thanks for the reply.

I will tar all of the files before I remove them just to be safe.

Thanks again.

Back