• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Remove "bought" extension before install

ruiterples

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have in my list of "bought Extensions" 2 extensions that i do not want to install.
Those were bought by accident by a user with too much permissions . . . .
Is there a way to see when exactly those were bought?

How do i remove those extensions?

I searched the web and the forum but did not find anything.
Do i need to install first? I hope not!
I do not find them with midnightcommander on the server

Please give me hint on how to solve this.

Thanks,
Jan

Did the user pay for those extensions? In that case they probably received a receipt/invoice after purchasing.

The extensions are likely listed additional license when you go to Tool & Settings > License Management and click the tab Additional License Keys. If so you probably detach/delete those extensions from your Plesk server licence. This won't stop billing however. The user (or you) will still need to cancel those extensions.

Most (maybe all?) payed Plesk extensions are subscription based. Meaning that when you buy them you're paying for them monthly or annually. You're actually a buying license to use the extension, even if you did not install the extension on any server.

I am not sure, but I believe that if you remove the extension licenses from your server you are not necessary canceling the subscription of those extensions. I believe thats a different process. If the extensions were bought directly from the Plesk store, you'll probably have to login there to cancel the subscription for those extensions.

Does my explanation make any sense?

Back