• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Remove / purge old additional nginx with ngx_pagespeed

Servus

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
A few months ago I installed nginx 1.13.2 with ngx_pagespeed-1.12.34.2-stable successfully on my server.
It works fine like a charm, websites performance incredible increasing.
Last week I followed the great tutorial by @UFHH01 again, which he updated to new nginx 1.13.5 with new ngx_pagespeed-1.12.34.3.
For the reason that before I had trouble with openssl I forgot to ask if it would be okay to install the new version additional to the old one or to delete/remove the old compiled nginx with old pagespeed.
Now I've already the old nginx /root/addons/nginx/nginx-1.13.2 which is obsolete.
In /usr/share/nginx/modules everything is correct with only the new modules which are used (no old obsolete ones, I cleaned it before updating).

If you suggest to remove it, what I also want to do, do you have a way how to remove the old one without violating dependencies and destroying the new nginx. Would be possible to only remove the nginx-1.13.2 directory.

Kindest regards

Unknown01.jpg Unknown02.jpg

Last edited:
I removed/deleted directory nginx-1.13.2 with all files and sub-directories (e.g. pagespeed,...). I think it is in this case the best way, because both installations are separated/autark and dependend files are in other server directories which are all updated/replaced by the new running nginx version.
From my side, if nobody disagrees, this thread is resolved. But I will wait to label it, perhaps somebody will telling me that I'm wrong or made an mistake.
Kindest regards

Back