• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Remove Remote Desktop icon from domains

Storm_

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

We have the Windows version of Plesk 11.5 installed. I've removed the "Management of access to the server over Remote Desktop" but two of my sites (there's only 4 so far) still have the remote desktop button available if you log into the user account and switch to those two domains. Switching to the other two doesn't display the icon. I'm not sure if there's another place where it gets turned on/off as I've tested creating a new subscription with the "Management of access to the server over Remote Desktop" ticked and it's not giving me the desktop icon there.

Any assistance would be appreciated as it's driving me insane and I've spent the whole day searching and reading documentation and playing with the system to try find it!

Best Regards,

Storm

Hi,

Finally after posting I happened to stumble across the setting. I had removed the permission to manage the remote desktop which meant I could never actually change the setting. Went and changed it from the Administrator side in Panel and that solved the issue.

Just out of curiosity, I couldn't get the activeX and IE to work with the remote desktop, so I logged in using standard windows desktop and got in, yet, the C: shows no permission and it's a 0kb space drive. How would you normally be able to actually get files onto your filesystem? I've never seen the remote desktop version before, always only had FTP.

Thanks!

Back