• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removing a Sitebuilder Site

S

ScottT

Hello, Suppose a customer no longer wants to use Sitebuilder. Can the customer remove the Sitebuilder site within the Control Panel?

Hi Scott,

Customers can click "Remove Site" in Web Presence Builder and their website will be removed.

Removing a SB 4.x site to allow SB 5 build... .

Supposed that someone has a Sitebuilder 4.x site and wants to redo it in Plesk 5...

How do they write it in Plesk 5 sitebuilder as the icon is not available. Only the Sitebuilder Legacy icon is shown.
The Sitebuilder 5 icon is not.

I've tried to remove the Sitebuilder 4.x files simply by 'removing them'... tagging and pressing remove. The directories in the root of the vnet directory say that they cannot be removed.

Does anyone know the process to use to get rid of, remove, a SB4.x site so that both the SB Legacy and SB 5 icons appear in the web tab of the domain?

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

That's a problem we haven't heard about yet - can you provide more information about it? Thanks.

Hi Custer,

Been a long time since I posted this question but now it has come up again.

We've had SB 4.5 for years and many users have published their sites with it.
An issue was corrected on our server that was caused by the crawler.php file being corrupt, making the 'Import' from SB 4.5 not show in WPB.

Now that this has been fixed users want to use WPB and publish their sites.
The sites were previously created by SB 4.5.

When they publish using WPB the SB 4.5 site shows, not the newly created WPB site.

I've been looking through the KB and have not found anything related to 'switching from SB to WPB' and 'publish'.

I'm thinking it would have something to do with the web.config file as it does not seem to be overwrote if WPB site is published. The web.config file still remains with SB variables. Removing the web.config file takes the site down, WPB does not recreate.

Any ideas on what has to be done to have the WPB site show instead of the SB created site?

Thanks Custer...

Dave.

Hi Dave,

It looks like the problem is in the default document order on the server (Default.aspx, then index.php). Try the following order: index.php, index.htm, index.html, Default.aspx. Please let me know if this fixes your problem. Thanks!

Back