• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removing Domain

T

TheKinushi

I can not remove a domain from Plesk. I do not get anny errors after I confirm removal, just a blank screen with the menu at the left.

Any ideas?

I am having similar problem only I do receive an error message. I have also tried to remove the client, but still no luck - only error messages.

I noticed that if I remove the domain, the domain still exists but Plesk now states that no hosting is set up for the domain. That's ok, but I want them totally removed.

Below is the error message I receive when trying to remove client:
mailmng failed: Run-Time error: MEAOPO.Mailbox.RemoveMailbox failed MEAOAM.AddressMap.RemoveAddressMap failed for domain forsalebyownerlax.com [forsalebyownerlax.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.DSMail.php:273 psaerror(string "mailmng failed: Run-Time error: MEAOPO.Mailbox.RemoveMailbox failed MEAOAM.AddressMap.RemoveAddressMap failed for domain forsalebyownerlax.com [forsalebyownerlax.com]")
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.PhDomain.php:324 dsmail->delete()
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.BsDomain.php:322 phdomain::delete()
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.BsDomain.php:513 bsdomain->delete(integer "0")
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Client.php3:235 mdeletedomains(array)
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.ClientsList.php3:354 client->remove()
6: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\clients\clients.php3:62 clientslist->remove(array)

it happned due to the no existence of mail box in the server backend ..whose entry is present in plesk...just add the mail box from the server backend or..delete the mail boxes from the psa database....make sure u take a backup of the psa database if you are trying the second step....

Can you explain your statement?
What do you mean by "server backend" and how to add the mail box?

Originally posted by cybernova
it happned due to the no existence of mail box in the server backend ..whose entry is present in plesk...just add the mail box from the server backend or..delete the mail boxes from the psa database....make sure u take a backup of the psa database if you are trying the second step....

I solved it by removing the domain directly from the Plesk dbase

remove domain

How do you do it?
Is it going to be the same each time I'll need to remove a domain?

Originally posted by TheKinushi
I solved it by removing the domain directly from the Plesk dbase

No, just for that domain.
Just install a MySQL editor (MyTool trial) on the server (it has to connect to localhost) and open the 'psa'-table. Delete the domain from 'domains' table.

Remember the domains id and delete everything else in the other tables that refer to the id.

Be sure to make a back-up from the dbase first!!!

Then manual remove the domain from IIS and your email software. Also you should remove the user-account from the server. I think that's about it.

Let me know if it worked well for you. (it did for me without any further errors)

if the mail server running is mail enable, .....go to the mail enable administrator,..go to messaging centre...go to post offices.....check whether the domain is existing in the post office...if not ..right cick and add a new post office from the mail enable admin.....thats how u add a mail domain from the server backend.....

if the domain is existing...check whether the control panel and the post office shows the same number of mail boxes..if anything is missing..add it depeneding on where it is missing...

rememeber removing the domain name from the domain table will do no good as there are more tables such as limits, hosting, data_bases, accounts, sys_users etc that are dependent on the domain table.

If the entry for the domain is not removed from the hosting table, then once an account is cancelled ..there will be problems when the IP of the cancelled domain is assigned to a new domain....

so try to resolve the issue by looking at the error message and removing from the db must be the last resort

Back